WPMT FOX43

[ooyala code=”8wZmxmdTrkmANazvZUfARuu4uqMWtVpV” player_id=”6c21d43b06ee4460a29e40d9542c86ae”]

POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. — A family in Virginia blames human error by a Petco groomer for their dog’s tragic death.

Allison Marks took Colby, a two-year-old golden retriever, to the Petco at Westchester Commons in Chesterfield County in Virginia on Friday. Relatives told WTVR Colby had no health problems and was scheduled for a routine grooming.

When Marks had not heard back from Petco after a couple of hours, she called the store. She was told to meet the store’s assistant manager at an area animal hospital where Colby had been pronounced dead, apparently from heat stroke.

The assistant manager at Petco told the family a groomer accidentally left Colby in one of the drying cages when the groomer left to attend a graduation party.

marksfacebook

Allison Marks shared the sad news on her Facebook page on Friday.

“I will love you forever and always, My sweet sweet Colby…

View original post 119 more words

Advertisements